When picking the right outdoor bench seat nz for your space, there are a lot of things to think about. One bench might be enough for a garden where only one or two people sit on it once every few days. Another would be better for a busy mall where lots of people want to relax.
Outdoor Bench Seat for comfortable seating in your backyard or patio
You can easily narrow down your options by thinking about the following:
#1 Think about the place
First, you need to decide where you want to put the bench. Think about what the bench will be used for and what style would go best with its surroundings. For example, your bench might be:
- If the area has corners, you might want to put a curved bench in one of them. Alcove benches also have a table in the middle and fit into corners.
- A place with a good view: Think about where to put the bench so that it gives you a great view, whether it’s of the mountains, a rose bush, or some trees.
- The sun or the shade? Where will you put your bench? In the garden or on a patio? Will it be in the sun or in the shade of a tree? Depending on the material you choose, you may need to think about whether the colour will fade in direct sunlight.
- Every choice you make about an outdoor bench will be affected by where it is. Keep in mind that to make a place the most comfortable, you may also need to put in more than one bench. You can give the bench more privacy by putting it near tall shrubs or trees. Or, put your bench in an open area to link a garden that is spread out. If people are only going to sit on the bench for a few minutes, a bench without a back is enough.
#2 Figure out where you’ll be
Aside from where the bench will go, you will also need to think about how much room you have for it. Is it a big room that calls for a big bench? How many people should be able to sit on the bench? Most benches are either 4 feet or 6 feet long. You can also get them in 8, 10, and 15-foot lengths if you want. Accordingly, you may end up choosing the best outdoor bench seat nz.
The bench shouldn’t look too big or too small for the space it’s in. If you want to put more than one bench somewhere, think about whether you want a few big ones or a lot of small ones spread out. Also, make sure you can comfortably walk around the bench.
#3 Choose the right stuff
The next thing to think about is what the bench is made of. You can pick from materials like wood, metal, wicker, plastic, and concrete. Material is important for an outdoor bench because it helps:
- Durability: Since your bench will be outside, where it will be exposed to rain and UV rays, you want it to be made of a strong material. Many outdoor benches are made so that they won’t warp or fade. This will help your outdoor furniture last longer.
- Aesthetics: Your outdoor space may have wood, stone, and metal, among other things. Try to choose a material that matches or goes well with what you already have in your outdoor space. This will make it look more put together.
- Weight: If you want to put your bench in an area with a lot of wind, you’ll need one that is strong enough to withstand the gusts. A heavy metal or concrete bench is also good for public places because it can stop people from stealing. If you plan to move your bench inside during certain seasons or times of the year, you may want to choose one that is lighter and easier to move.
- Comfort: Some materials are easier to wear for long periods of time than others. If you’re putting up benches near an outdoor stage or where people will stop for a while to eat, you might want to use something like wood. If people will probably only sit on your bench for a few minutes at a time, metal or concrete will work.
- Price: Each material has a different price point, and there are a variety of options within each category to fit different budgets. When it comes to wood, for example, pine is often less expensive than teak or cedar. There are straight, curved, no-back, arch-back, and porch-style benches made of wood.
#4 Choose the bench style
There are many kinds of benches, and you’ll need to find one that fits your style and looks good in your outdoor space. There are wooden, English garden, porch-style, straight, curved, backless, and arched-back benches, as well as many others. It won’t be hard to find one that looks good to you, but it will take some thought.